«Gamino», Saint-Justin Grade School (Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve) - 2021/2022
- Project name: Gamino
- Participating school: Saint-Justin School, Montreal
- Participating group: 22 3rd year students
- Project dates: March to June 2022 (4 months)
- Disciplines: yoga and art therapy
- Partner: Society of Saint-Vincent de Paul de Saint-Justin
- Speakers: Gabrielle Gingras, art therapist, M.A, doctoral student in psychology, ATPQ, art therapist and Mireille Bourque, certified yoga teacher
During the meetings of this project, art therapy and yoga were paired to give resources to the children in order to teach them to manage their emotions. Subsequently, a card game exploring various themes such as solace, calm and superpowers was created from the works produced.
The central council of the Society of Saint-Vincent de Paul of Montreal and the SSVP service point of Saint-Justin warmly thank the Caisse Desjardins de Mercier-Est-Anjou for its financial support, which made this project possible.