«What's in My Heart», Eurêka Primary School (Montreal) - 2021/2022
- Project name: What's in my heart
- Participating School: Eureka Elementary School, Laval
- Participating group: 18 students from the CASA reception class (Socio-Affective Adaptation Class)
- Project dates: January to June 2022 (6 months)
- Discipline: art therapy
- Speaker: Gabrielle Gingras, art therapist, M.A, doctoral student in psychology, ATPQ
The project offered newly arrived students the opportunity to use their creativity and tame their emotions, with the aim of self-knowledge and self-expression, in order to allow them to be more open to learning. The workshops emphasized the artistic exploration of emotions such as joy, fear, sadness, anger, disgust and surprise.
To close the workshops, an exhibition in the school library took place. During this opening, the students spoke with joy and confidence about their works to the parents and students present.