Try corporate volunteering, a stimulating collective activity!
A precious resource
During the last year, corporate volunteering has really taken off at 1930 Champlain Street. Groups of professionals have followed one another, offering a total of 1,220 hours of commitment. Each year, several dozen companies participated in sorting donations received from the public which were then sold at modest prices in the store in order to fund activities.
And that’s not all, some groups also contributed to other projects:
- Grande Guignolée des Médias
- Traditional Guignolée Fundraiser
For groups, participating in volunteer activities in great way to get involved in a strong team-building and helping experience.
Volunteer efforts supported by the employer is a major resource for the Société Saint-Vincent de Paul de Montréal. That’s why a new sorting room with a larger capacity (2300 square feet) was developed on the third floor of 1930 Champlain Street. Now we can welcome more and larger groups (up to 60 people). This is rare in Montreal!
- Sorting of clothes and jewelry
- Turnover the goods ; clothing, toys, tableware
- Painting walls and furnitures
- Electrical appliances testing
- Checking if the contents of boxes is complete
- Dusting the furnitures
- Gardening in Spring
- At Christmas: verify if decorations are in good condition, Christmas trees to assemble
Corporate group voluntering reservation: Please contact Linda Vallée at 514 526-5937 ext. 137 or at email@example.com.
- Groups are greeted by our manager, who presents the organization and the impact that the work to be done will have on our mission.One group is taken to sort the close that will be collected, repaired and sold to finance SSVP support activities.
- Another group is mobilized to fix up the space by cleaning, painting, etc.
- As for a third, it’s invited to think collectively about a strategic issue experienced by the organization, which leads to a discussion and recommendations from experts.
- Groups are warmly thanked for their involvement and we present the results of their work to them.
- Let’s develop a corporate volunteer project that meets your ambitions and those of your team!
What’s the process?
- Generally, group volunteer activities take place in our offices at 1930 Champlain Street. (Papineau metro)
- Operating hours for clothes sorting: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Days for clothes sorting: Tuesday to Friday (Saturday, on special request)
How many people can work during the same shift?
- In the third floor sorting room, men/women clothes = maximum 35 people.
- In the second floor sorting room, children/teens clothes = maximum 10 people.
- In the furniture painting room = 4 people.
- To paint walls = 5 to 6 people.
Half-day work shifts are also possible
Would you like to sign up your team for this adventure?
To register your team or for any other information, contact us by e-mail at the following address: BENEVOLE@SSVP-MTL.ORG