Nominate a young person
The teacher, or an intervener working in collaboration with the teacher, who wishes to nominate a student for a scholarship must assess the following criteria:
- The student must come from a disadvantaged background based on the low-income line established by Government of Quebec, which takes family composition into account.
- The scholarships are intended for elementary and high school-aged students, and are distributed equally among the following school cycles.
- The student must have demonstrated progress in or the maintenance of learning, social integration and personal involvement.
- He or she demonstrates improvement in or the maintenance of autonomy and accepting responsibility.
1) Teachers may submit more than one application, as long as each student meets the eligibility criteria.
2) Teachers must complete one form per student, see below, by March 31.
3) We encourage you to complete the application with the student and his or her family to get them involved in the process. Be sure to explain to the student that being selected is a success in itself
4) A committee will evaluate the applications fairly and notify you of their decision. Regardless of the decision, the teacher will be notified by April 30.
For more information, please contact:
Management of the stay-in-school program
514 526-5937, ext. 121
IMPORTANT: THIS FORM IS TO BE COMPLETED BY THE TEACHER OR AN INTERVENER WORKING IN COLLABORATION WITH THE TEACHER.
Please answer the following questions to clearly express the student's motivation through specific examples that showcase his or her progress. Answers must not exceed 200 words.